Have you seen the movie The Bucketlist with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman?
If you haven’t, I highly recommend you do! It is one of my all-time favorite travel movies! I sure hope it will motivate you to go out into the world, explore and discover.
I have always made a habit of writing down exactly where I wanted to travel. I believe this formula has been quite successful since I have been very fortunate.
Life has been incredibly good to me. In the past decade, I have visited 26 countries in 5 continents and there’s many more to come!
Its pretty much the law of attraction but written down on paper or stored electronically in this case.
I have even created a wallpaper to constantly remind me about it and of course daydream (it doesn’t hurt one bit, right?)
Travel is really necessary. Not only then will you be able to get to know more about yourself and others but you will truly appreciate who & what you have in your life.
It takes time, planning, dedication and some discipline. Like any other goal in life, the more you focus on it the faster you will reach it. Don’t you think?
Leaving your comfort zone might be scary but try it! Getting to know other people and cultures is totally rewarding and life-changing! Not to mention the incredible memories you take back with you!
I invite you to take a look at my Buckelist. Why not create your own? Give it a go!
I look forward to read your lists!
Til next time.
Get TESOL certificationTESOL certificate proudly obtained in July 2012
- See a lunar rainbow over Victoria Falls
- Learn Belly Dancing
- Publish a photo in National Geographic
- Try a temple stay
- Cut off sugar for a month
- Knit & crochet better! (Working on it)
- Visit Thailand
- Visit Bali
- See the Taj Mahal
- See Bora Bora
- Climb a light house
- Visit Petra, Jordan
- See Machu Picchu
- Go diving in Roatan
- Go to the Alexandrina library in Alexandria, Egypt
- Visit Byblos
- Visit The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Go to the opera at La Scala
- Learn to Tango in Buenos Aires
- Live in Tuscany
- Enjoy some time in a sunflower field
- Live in Switzerland
- Visit Tibet
- Volunteer in a developing country (Coming soon!)
- Be an extra in a movie
- See the “Wonders of the World”
- Try limoncello
- Visit the Pyramids
- Stand on The Equator
- Go to a meditation retreat
- Snuggle in a hammock
- Visit New Zealand
- Ride a zipline through the jungle
- Learn wine appreciation (Drinking fine wines whenever I can
- Learn to play the guitar
- Graduate with my Master’s Degree (Checking out different programs)
- Improve foreign language portfolio (Russian & Portuguese are in the radar)
- Cross the Nile
- Send a message in a bottle
- Visit Stonehenge
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Learn CPR
- Go to Sedona, Arizona
- Travel through Argentina
- Go on an African Safari
- Swim with a dolphin
- Watch a meteor shower
- Get a meaningful tattoo (In 2013)
- Visit all Nordic countries
- Take a professional photographic course (I’m eyeing Matador Network’s program)
- Give my blog a facelift (Looking for cool themes)
- Finish translating the book I am currently working on (work in progress)
- Take the Matador U travel writing & photography course
- Visit Jamaica (Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay, Kingston)
- Visit Puerto Rico (San Juan, Carolina, Isla de Vieques)
- Tour the Amalfi Coast, Italy from Salerno to Sorrento
- Take a professional writing course
- Take 6 months off to travel & volunteer (teaching) (Looking at potential candidates)
- Experience Spice culture, go diving & visit the under water sculpture park in Grenada
- Go to a beer spa, go hiking and visit Bohemia in the Czech Republic
- Visit the Bahamas
- Explore Saint-Vincent and The Grenadines
- Visit Anguilla
- Visit St Martin/St Maarten
- Visit Texas: Dallas-Forth Worth, Austin, San Antonio
- Visit New Mexico: Albuquerque, Taos, Las Cruces, White Sands National Park
- Visit Colorado: Denver, Boulder
- Visit Las Vegas
- See the Grand Canyon
- Visit California: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Go to Ireland
- Go on a cruise through the Greek Islands
- Make my Bucketlist even longer (no problem!)
*Here is what I have crossed out from the list *
- Learn American Sign Language (ASL)
- Go to a Korean Spa (Jjimjilbang)
- Learn to make natural beauty products
- Stay off Facebook and Twitter for 5 days (working week)
- Take up yoga
- Become a travel writer
- See Cherry Blossoms in South Korea
- Donate my hair to create wig for cancer patient
- Create photo CD’s of Tania’s wedding (500+pics)!
- Stay off Facebook for a full month!
- Stay off Facebook for 2 weeks
- Visit the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- Eat sushi in Japan
- See the tulips in Holland
- Walk the streets of Rome
- See ‘The Bucket List’
- Read Every Book Your Favorite Author (Dr Brian Weiss) has Written & met him in person!
- Teach English in a foreign country (South Korea for 2 years)
- Visit Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica
So there you have it! It is a great way to stay motivated!
Do you have one? If so please include your link in the comments section and I will gladly visit your site