Quotes have the power to reach your soul.
– My own quote
Find the perfect inspiring travel quote for your next Instagram caption or journal entry
For many people, traveling is a life-changing experience, and if you think about it, that makes a lot of sense. Traveling gives you the unique opportunity to step out of your ordinary, everyday life and see the world from a new perspective.
Whether you travel to the next town over or halfway around the world, the opportunity to visit a new place, explore a new culture, and meet new people has a profound impact on how you understand your place in the world.
If you’re looking for a great bargain on your next travel experience, check out these deals from our friends over at Great Value Vacations. Prices start at $379 for international getaways and include airfare, hotel & a lot more!
Check out the following
24 awesome travel quotes
Quotes for Instagram captions about trips with friends
Travel quotes to reflect on the blessings in your life
Inspiration for a page in your travel journal
1. “Travel. Your money will return, your time won’t.”
Let’s be real– traveling is an investment! For a lot of people, the thought of dropping a few hundred– or even a few thousand– dollars on a trip is daunting. Is it really worth it? In response to those concerns, I’d like to say very simply: yes, it is. There will be plenty of time to make more money later.
2. “If you love nature, you’ll find beauty everywhere.”
– Vincent Van Gogh
We are busier than we ever have been before. Why? Even when we leave work or school or our friends, we don’t really leave those things behind– we always have them at our fingertips and in our pockets. Sometimes it’s good to take a step back, unplug, and appreciate the beauty of the world around us.
3. “Happiness is looking down on your next destination from a plane window.”
When I travel, I love getting the window seat on the plane. Sure, there’s not as much leg room, but the views are incredible! Nothing quite compares to seeing city lights getting closer as you touch down in a city by night. It’s like landing in the stars.
4. “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.”
– Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
If you have strong roots in the town you were born in, that’s amazing! But you can’t spend your entire life in your comfort zone. Every once in a while it’s a good idea to get out there and see what you can see because– trust me on this– there’s a lot out there to experience.
5. “Love her, but leave her wild.”
– Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
All of us are just a little bit wild, and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing! If you feel the pull to travel, just go. It’s a part of you, and a beautiful part of you at that.
6. “When you leave a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go.”
Where is your absolute favorite place? Is it a stairwell with a pretty view of the forest in your old high school? Is it a spot on the beach your family used to go to when you were a kid? We always think about how people impact places, but when it really comes down to it, places impact us, too.
7. “I give you this to take with you: Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.”
– Judith Minty
Life is rarely easy, but sometimes it becomes necessary to step back and gain a new perspective on what’s going on in your life. And that doesn’t have to be scary!
8. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.”
Seneca was born just a few years BC, which means his words have been around for quite a while. When you travel, you’re engaging in a tradition that’s been around for centuries.
9. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
– Mary Oliver
Does anyone else remember the #YOLO movement? As cheesy as the hashtag was, the message was a good one. In this life, you only have one chance to get things right, so you might as well cram as much living into your life as possible
10. “If you talk to strangers, they won’t seem so strange anymore.”
Meeting people is one of the most exciting parts about traveling. Long after you hop back on your plane and head home, the people you meet will still be there, doing what they always do. Understanding how different people live and work helps you appreciate cultural differences— and recognize the similarities we all have.
11. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
– Gustave Flaubert
Have you ever looked up at the stars on a clear night and realized just how big the universe is? The little blue planet we call home is actually pretty huge too, and traveling is a great way to experience that.
12. “Some people were born to rule the world, while others were simply born to roam it.”
It takes all kinds to make the world go round, but travelers really are a different breed. We’re inspired by people, places, and cultures. It’s impossible to really possess these things, but experiencing them can change your life.
13. “You don’t need magic to disappear. All you need is a destination.”
Everybody who has gotten lost in a fantasy story or fairytale has a soft spot in their heart for magic. Luckily, traveling lets you experience a little bit of magic– and you don’t even need a cauldron or a magic wand to make it happen.
14. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
At some point in every person’s life, they’ll hit a roadblock. Maybe it’s at work, maybe it’s in a relationship, or maybe it’s entirely personal. No matter where your block is coming from, one of the best ways to break through it and get back to living your best life is to get away for a while.
15. “We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.”
– Brené Brown
As much fun as it is to travel, it can also be scary in a lot of ways. Traveling requires you to leave your comfort zone physically and mentally, but the results are well worth it.
16. “Cover the earth before it covers you.”
– Dagobert D. Runes
This is one of my favorite Instagram quotes out there. I love the idea of trying to explore the whole world. There’s so much out there to see, and this quote never fails to inspire me to go out and see it.
17. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
– Oliver Wendell Holmes
When was the last time you challenged yourself to try something new? Pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones is how we keep growing.
18. “Still round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
The world is always changing! No matter how many times you have been somewhere– whether it’s downtown in your hometown or your favorite vacation spot– there’s always something new to discover.
19. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life and travel leave marks on you.”
– Anthony Bourdain
They say that if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life, and if you ask me, Anthony Bourdain was blessed with an amazing career. I can hardly imagine having the kinds of experiences he’s had, but I’m determined to get out there and have my own adventures.
20. “Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.”
How would you explain fireworks to someone who has never seen them before? You could probably communicate the gist of the experience– they are explosions that happen in the sky, they’re beautiful, they make a lot of noise– but there’s nothing quite like seeing fireworks for yourself, is there?
21. “Traveling: It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
– Ibn Battuta
Everyone wants to have great stories to share with their friends and family, but where do great stories come from? Great stories come from great adventures, and great adventures come from traveling!
22. “Promise me we’ll always be this free, dancing for eternity, underneath a galaxy of stars.”
– Christy Ann Martine
This quote is so beautiful and poetic. There’s something really compelling about going somewhere entirely new but looking up and seeing the same stars in the sky every night.
23. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
– Marcel Proust
Traveling isn’t necessarily enough to change your life on its own. You have to come to travel with an open mind and an open heart, otherwise you won’t learn much. However if you do give travel the mental and emotional work it deserves, it can help you see the world in a whole new way.
24. “The further I stray, the closer I feel to myself.”
There are a lot of awesome reasons to travel, but I wanted to end on this quote because it points out something I think we sometimes forget. When we talk about how travel changes us, we spend a lot of time talking about how it changes our interactions with other people or changes our relationship with the world around us.
That’s all true, but travel can also help us understand ourselves better, which is absolutely essential to living a happy and fulfilling life don’t you think?
Hope you loved those 24 awesome travel quotes!
Now we’re turning it over to you…
What is (are) your favorite travel quote (s)?
Tell us or better yet, share them with us in the comments section below!
I can’t wait to read them.
Until next time, hasta la próxima.
Tashi Delek, all the best, todo lo mejor