Barcelona is a popular year round destination for holidaymakers, travelers and weekend-breakers alike. Blessed with both beach and mountains, amazing Modernist architecture and some delicious Catalan delicacies, it’s no wonder Tripadvisor recently rated it as the 3rd destination in the world for ‘Overall Traveller Experience’.
The best way to enjoy all that this magnificent city has to offer is to live like a local, and you can certainly do this by renting a holiday apartment.
Step right out onto a historic and winding street of the Gothic Quarter, sip your morning coffee overlooking the majestic Sagrada Familia, delight your senses while buying some fresh ingredients at the Boqueria Market and whip up a Mediterranean feast later on.
When renting an apartment, you have the freedom to do all this and much more! You will be able to truly soak up the essence and tremendous energy of the Catalan capital.
Something for Everyone
Barcelona apartments come in all shapes, sizes and price range, from stylish studios (perfect for a romantic breaks), to five bedroom lofts (ideal for family get together) or weekend getaways with friends.
With apartments in the heart of the city, right on the beach or in the foothills of the Collserola Mountains, there really is an apartment for everyone. What’s more, each apartment has its own character: colourful or plain, ornate or minimalist.
Don’t break the bank
Travelling abroad is exciting, but quite often the one thing that can cause the most stress when planning a trip is the ‘M’ word.
Barcelona apartments is a much more affordable option than hotels, especially when it comes to sharing space with others. Perfect for large groups of friends and family, you can stay all together under one roof. Plus, you can cook your favorite meals or try something new, which allows you to save lots of money on dining out.
The Euros you keep can go towards sightseeing, a few drinks at a local bar, a boat trip, a Flamenco show or go to a soccer game at Camp Nou.
A home away from home
Holiday apartments in Barcelona come fully furnished and equipped with everything you need to make you feel comfortable and at home during your trip.
- Kitchen: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – there’s nothing like a home-cooked meal. Practice your acquired Spanish culinary skills or entertain friends in your own kitchen.
- Entertainment: Many apartments come with a TV in multiple languages and a DVD player, perfect for relaxing after a day of sightseeing. Just having your own living area is bliss after walking around town all day.
- Bedrooms: There is no better way to recharge batteries than getting a good night’ sleep. Beautifully decorated bedrooms, quality linen, and most importantly, comfortable beds will help you feel cared for and looked after.
- Internet: Free Wi-Fi is usually provided which allows you to stay in touch with friends or family members back home.
- Privacy: You’re free to come and go as you please without staff knocking on your door at inconvenient times.
For quality, value and, above all, that local feel, the best option by far is to rent an apartment. You’ll be glad you got to experience Barcelona to the fullest and will want to go back as soon as possible!
Hollie Morton is a British expat and traveler. She is currently writing for Apartment Barcelona, an online rental agency with over 900 apartments for long and short-term stays.
If you would like more information on accommodation, tips on what to see and do in Barcelona,
visit and follow them on these social media channels
Google + http://plus.google.com/+apartmentbarcelona/posts