I would like to thank two beautiful ladies, Sarah from Wake Up Mona and Sonja from The Happy Travel Bug for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!
Sarah’s nomination is found here and Sonja’s found here.
This is a nice way of saying “keep up the good work!”. By the way “liebster” means favorite in German. So to be considered as a favorite is such an honor!
It’s also a fun way to meet and get to know other travel bloggers as well as discovering new blogs!
You can follow them on Twitter:
Sarah @WakeUpMona Sonja @happyhoyt
and on Facebook:
Instead of writing 2 separate posts, I decided to go for 1 only but you will find out more about me. I appreciate both nominations equally!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you on your blog.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Here are my 11 Random Facts:
1. I have a degree in Adult psychology. Few people know it but so many come to me & tell all their problems. It’s like free therapy! It’s easy to find solutions and give advice but it’s hard for me sometimes.
2. I’m passionate about cars and mechanics. I worked as a translator for 2 years for a Japanese car maker and I did learn quite a few things. This may intimidate some persons but I am proud of it! I still dream of owning a BMW 330 IC or in a distant future, a Range Rover.
3. My stamp collection is something I started when I was about 10 years old. I loved learning the names of far away lands. I still ask anyone if they have old stamps.
4. I speak and write 5 languages (Spanish, English, French, Italian and German) and am currently studying Portuguese, Korean and Japanese.
5. I could happily spend a day reading, at the beach with a cold drink in hand would be ideal.
6. I skipped from 2nd to 4th grade when I was 7 years old. My teachers wouldn’t let me go to 5th grade because it had never done before (darn).
7. I’ve kept all my certificates that I earned in elementary and high school.
8. I always win something at random contests.
9. I’ve a slight obsession with Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. If they had a rewards card, it’d be full!
10. I traveled for 26 hours all the way to Australia to meet my pen pal and best male friend with whom I had been corresponding for 8 years. That didn’t turn out so well but I loved discovering the country and visiting the Whitsunday Islands.
11. The longest phone conversation lasted 5 hours with an old bf. That was my all-time record! Now I prefer short calls and long Skype chats (as well as foot-long emails 😉
My answers to the 11 questions asked
1. What is your favorite movie?
There are so many that I like but definitely “Ghost”. I have seen it a gazillion times and never get tired of it.
I could name my top five movies but I need to move on to the next questions.
2. Where did you receive your first passport stamp?
I was 7 years old and it said Canada on it. My family and I moved from San Salvador to Montreal in the 1980’s and I remember the 1st trip as if it were yesterday!
3. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I’d love a cute baby golden retriever.
Unfortunately, I became allergic to cats, so I had to give away my 2 baby kittens: bella & storm (bro & sis). They were so cute, grey with blue eyes. My heart broke and cried so much when I let them go.
4. What is something you wish you could do really well?
Play the piano. I actually had a Casio keyboard when I was like 15 years old and loved “Für Elise” from Beethoven.
I stopped playing for some reason. Now, I want to go back and learn again!
5. Close your eyes and spin a globe… where does your finger land?
I don’t have a globe but I have a world map and my finger landed on the island of St-Lucia 🙂
6. What is something you love about yourself?
I love the fact that I am very adventurous, I do things that others wouldn’t (especially in my family). I live life more and do things I enjoy. Life is very short and we must make the most of it.
I nearly drowned in my teens and saw my life go by as if it were a movie. Luckily a lifeguard saved me but that totally changed my perspective & reset priorities.
I have accomplished so much in a short time and sometimes when I look back I am amazed and proud!
As they say: “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” don’t you agree? 🙂
7. What is your favorite dessert?
Red velvet cupcakes, hands down.
I’ve become a bit addicted to it but I will treat myself to one every now or then!
8. Which place are you most excited about visiting in 2013?
USA: The South West (Texas, Arizona and New Mexico).
For the rest, I let it be a surprise. I’ve decided to go with the flow and just see what destinations I go to!
9. What is your favorite fruit?
10. What has travel taught you?
Travel heals (part 1 & part 2).
Whether you’ve suffered a major heartbreak (I did & was cured 😉 or you need to recharge your batteries, travel will open your mind, eyes, heart and soul. You’ll come back as a different person, better & stronger than ever.
Some of the most amazing persons (God sent) will cross your path and will change it forever!
Travel makes you appreciate what you have at home (and not complain!)
As soon as you arrive at a new destination, you will notice that some people are the happiest with the little possessions they have. It teaches you a lesson of humility!
Learning about the history of the country and its people is so important to understand what they’ve gone through the years and centuries. Much respect for them.
Travel is the only investment that makes you richer
You leave home and set out to explore. You come back mesmerized, wiser and immediately plan the next trip!
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
I have lived in 6 countries already but there is only one place that is magnetic.
Call it déjà vu or maybe a cliché, but I can totally see myself living in the Tuscan countryside, raising my family, write & teach and explore the medieval villages that I could photograph all day long.
I think I lived there before in a previous life, so I feel like it’s home…away from home 😉
Here are my 11 awesome nominees!
(Not only they entertain and educate, they are amazing persons that I want to meet in person 😉
1- Savannah Grace @sihpromatum
2- Samantha @travelsamsworld
3- Miret @zurichvienna
4- Lesley @LesleyMCarter
5- Ailsa @ailsapm
6- Eira @Eira_Abroad
7- Agness @Agnesstramp
8- Ardun @ArdunWard
9- Aaron @elatlboy
10- Cez @CezKrol
11- The Guy @theguy37796972
My 11 questions for the nominees
1- How old were you when you went on your first trip?
2- Do you travel spontaneously or it has to be planned right down to the details?
3- What is your favorite transportation? Airplane, Train, Bus, Car?
4- How many stamps are on your passport?
5- Do you prefer traveling solo or with company?
6- What is the best international food you tried?
7- What does travel mean to you?
8- What other languages do you speak other than English?
9- Where will you go in 2013?
10- What is your best travel photo? If you have it, send me the link I love photography 🙂
11- Where are you based? Tell us a bit about the city or town you live in!
Let’s keep spreading the travel blog love!
Do your best to answer the questions (I want to know more about you) and once that is done, mention me in your post! I will gladly retweet it.
If you want to ask me any question or need any help, follow me on Twitter @travellersoul76 (I always follow back), Like me on Facebook Travellersoul76 (I’ll like your page too!), add me to Skype travellersoul76 or drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
I bet you are quite surprised with some of the answers right? Now you know more about me!
‘Til next time,
Tashi Delek, All the best